Monday, November 11, 2013

Hmm, Been Awhile

Time gets away,,, can't believe it's been so long since I've posted anything.  And, nothing going on anyway.

Heard on my scanner last nite, a high speed chase going on, starting in Burnet Co, and almost making it into town here.  About 5 miles out, he rolled it, had a cut on his forehead.  He had stolen the car and left a murder scene.  We DO have a little excitement sometimes. 

Keep hearing about that COLD coming tomorrow.  Heck, I'm ready.  Got a good book, warm fire, food.  What else can I need?  O yeah, warm clothes,,,lol.

My dotter and son came over yesterday, my birthday.  She brought me some of her homemade chili that I had for supper.  Gonna put the rest in the freezer,,,lol.  She had put several things on top, like cheese, sour cream, onions, and I added too much of those onions!  Sure was good eating at the time, but i'll know better next time, to leave most of those onions out. 

My son is doing good, just needs time to build himself back up.  And lots of rest.  He thinks that was leaking back several months ago, and I think so too.  The signs were there, just no one ever thot about the esophagus rupturing.  Not even the docs.

Hmm,, nothing else coming to me, so yall tc, and

HAGD

6 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back posting your blog. Glad your son is doing well. Boy, you sure do have a lot excitement around there. If you didn't have the scanner you may not have ever known about it. BTW, I bet the news report was different than what you heard on the scanner. I saw a wreck and when I read about it in the paper the next day, they sure didn't describe what I saw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a young deputy do a regular traffic stop one nite in Kingsland, the man was a felon on parole, and he shot the deputy in the head, took off, and hid. I told everybody, he's a dead man when they find him,,,and,,guess what?,,,He got shot and died too. I heard most of it on the scanner too. ( the deputy was 25, and fixing to get married, lived maybe a week).

      Delete
  2. So, the man escaped a murder, rolled his car, and had a scratch on his forehead. Sounds about right. I wish your son had that kind of good luck, but it's only handed out to the useless ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's all he had. They did take him to an ER, but then on to jail in Burnet.

      Delete
  3. Chili sounds wonderful right about now. One of these days I am going to make some...may end up in the ER after eating my own cooking but by golly I sure am going to try.

    So glad to hear your son is doing much better and that you are once again blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have half of it, maybe for supper. Funny, at the store yesterday, the things I bought to eat (frozen stuff) was almost all Mexican food. lololol.

      Delete