Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Still Have the "Blahs"

Yep, those ol blahs are still here. 

Went to see a Doc last Friday, not sure what you call a joint one, about my wrist/hand.  It had gotten to where it hurt all the time, and I couldn't find a comfortable place for it.  I got the full treatment,,,and the x-rays showed arthritis.  There were 3 choices of how to treat it, and I chose the injection.  (What he recommended).  Soooo,,,he got out this long tube of stuff, with an equally long needle on it,,,and I layed my wrist across the table and watched him do it.  It did hurt for about 24 hours, but aleve helped, and now it's about 70% better. 

Now that I can use my right hand, what do I do about that groin muscle I pulled a couple of weeks ago, that won't let me walk very good?  LOL.  I was doing squats trying to strengthen my legs, and did that.  Any suggestions?

Been trying to figure out how J can owe the hospital in San Antonio, about 2000.00 when he had met his out of pocket expense before the surgery.  The insurance company says someone has been overpaid, and there should be a refund, but can't tell me who.  Now the hospital it going to turn it over to a debt collection agency.  I was hoping something would penetrate my subconscious during the night,,but,,didn't.  I have all the paperwork showing what was billed, what was paid, but, there's no way I can tell if it was overpaid or not!  Not the way it's listed on all of the claims.  I tried to call the Doc's office yesterday, left 2 messages, but they still haven't called me back.  They should be able to tell me if it was them or not.  There's so many different ones,,,,

Gonna go catch up with BB,,,don't wanna miss that trip to LA!!!

Yall tc, and

HAGD

7 comments:

  1. Dang, don't you just hate all the crap we got to go through to get something done and paid for in the medical industry. I am on medicare only and of course I don't get billed by the doc's office until he gets whet ever he can get from medicare then he bills me for more. Just love doctors, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wellll,,,, sometimes. When it goes MY way.

      Delete
  2. Wait a minute Dizzy.....didn't you know that medicare don't pay the whole doctors bill? Medicare only pays 80% of what our wonderful government determines is adequate for the procedure you received. This method leaves the doctor in a position to bill YOU for the other 20%. But I bet you already knew that didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trouble, the billing departments in San Antonio are staffed with prehistoric neanderthals. Much like the ones on TV. My dad, before he passed on, received bills from hospitals/doctors in San A that he was never at. Sad thing was....he paid them.
    Hope you can find a english speaking staffer that has enough compassion to listen to YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, they do speak English, just won't call me back, and when I call, all I get is an answering machine,,,you know their routine, my time is more valuable than yours.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you went to see the doctor about your hand and that at least it is 70% better. Sorry can not help you on the other injury.

    I gave up fighting with Medicare, it was cheaper to pay them what they claimed my mother owed them from a 1999 car accident than to waste my time and energy appealing it.

    Hope you have better luck than we did with all the red tape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still haven't heard back from them!

      Delete