Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wondering,,,,

I posted links to 2 storys yesterday, and there was not even one comment. The one about the mountain lion grabbing and dragging off the 6 year old boy when they were leaving the Chisos Mts Lodge in Big Bend Nat'l Park,, was so horrifying to me,, i thot there would be others that thot so too. His mom was even holding his hand when the lion attacked. I don't think anybody has ever heard of something like this. If you didn't look it up, it's there in yesterday's post.

O well, i'm guilty about not hitting links in posts too, sometimes do, sometimes don't.

Gosh, seeing this message below saying ,,could not contact blogger.com, saving and publishing may fail,,,retrying,, hmmmm,,,what's going on now?

Got a kick out of DDs post today. This comes up AFTER i've thrown away all that OLD stuff,,,hahahahaha,,, Guess i'm just not a prepper. lol. Wonder if those preppers have looked at the expiration dates? I have no idea what kind of stuff would keep forever. Do yall?

I'm uploading that other coral snake thing to Youtube today,,and it takes forever! I'm gonna put a warning on it about handling one. OMG,,, still makes me have chills to think about him doing that. No anti venom in US any more for them. The reason i'm doing it is because it shows it shedding and then burying itself for hibernation. He didn't think that's ever been seen before, so that's why. Wish i could have deleted the handling.

If this is the new blogger, then i do NOT like it. When i do preview, it won't go back to this. I have to go thru dashboard, then edit. Guess i won't do preview any more til i'm ready to publish.

I really need to get up and move, do a few things,,,so,,yall tc, and

HAGD










10 comments:

  1. That link i'm talking about has to be copy and paste,,for some reason, it won't just clink on. Sry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't click the links nor did I comment. I rarely click on links, and especially if it looks like something sad or horrifying, which I try to avoid as much as possible.

    I'm often surprised that what I think will generate some comments on my blog doesn't even get a mention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I'm advocate of puma's I just hate reading about when they act horrid. It seems to justify to some that all of them should be shot and killed. I hope the boy is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about the attack by word of mouth down here so I knew about it. Haven't been checking blogs or posting much lately so didn't know you had posted a link about it.

    I don't think cougars going after small children is much less common than them going after pets. I've heard that even adults are at risk if they let the cats get behind them and if you run from them you are signing your own death warrant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I clicked on them links till my fingers was sore. The dadburn things wouldn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been following the kitty event on Bigbendchat since day one. That kitty seems to be sick from the descriptions of it. It definitely had a bleeding problem from the knife wound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BB, i did put that you had to copy and paste those links. SS.
    Yes the boy is fine now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't on the computer at all, yesterday, Trouble. I'm paying for it, today, playing catch up. I'll have to go back and read your links. Glad to see the boy is okay--usually the outcome isn't that good with mountain lions.

    When I was about 14 I worked on a fernery in Flordia minding three little kids. The Dad scared me half to death when he described what would happen to them or me if we stepped on a coral snake. I *think* they are the most venemous snake in the states--there's a saying about their yellow and red skin. "Red on yellow, kill a fellow; "Red on black, friend of Jack"; and "Red into black, venom lack; red into yellow, kill a fellow."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, obviously, I'm getting my days and hours mixed up. I was on the computer before noon yesterday, but was out the rest of the day, returning this morning.

    Amazing how many posts one misses in such a short time.

    ReplyDelete