Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday, Monday

Not much going on, why I haven't done a post lately.  And even now, nothing to write about.

My blood sugar has been testing about 20-25 points higher for a while, think maybe the stress I was under caused it.  I have increased my med, but maybe I need to go a bit more.  Gonna give it a little more time.  I was originally prescribed 2000 mg a day of the methformin, but on my own, decreased it down to 1000, and was ok for a long time.  Gone back up to 1500 to see if that will work.  lol,,,great news huh?

My SIL started a family thing on facebook and it's really fun.  She asks questions for us to answer, like,,,what was your favorite toy, favorite book, movie, etc.  We are having a good time with it.  So many of us.

Got my new phone Sat, got it charged and Sunday got everything transferred, minutes, days, number.  It has the slide out keyboard and I think i'll love it.  Still trying  to figure out if I want T9 or abc.  Anybody help me on this?  Both? lol.  Now I can text.  Other one was YEARS old. 

 
NET10 - Samsung 404G No-Contract Mobile Phone -
 
Update on my son, doing great, getting around good, increasing walking distance all the time.  Plans on going to Vegas over Thanksgiving with fiancée and her sister, BIL.  The last 2 holes in him have finally quit draining, a nurse has been going by and dressing them twice a week.  One was in his side, from chest area, not sure about the other one.  Therapist twice a week, too. 
 
That's it folks, tc and
 
HAGD
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your son is doing so good. Now you!! You take care of yourself. Are you watching your diet and staying away from carbohydrates? Diet is very important for good health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to, but no, not. Not doing anything different now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stress, and/or pain, will cause the blood sugar to rise. If you ever start having abdominal pains, it will be the metformin. I'm on insulin and humalog shots now, but when I'm stressed, ill, or in pain, my sugar hovers at 250 - which knocks me out. I've been at 200 + for two weeks now and I've slept through most of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, my sis stays stressed out all the time, hers is always out of control.

      Delete
  4. So good to hear your son is doing better. I know that will help you out as well not to having to worry about him.

    Nice phone :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meant to say "I know that will help you out as well...not having to worry about him".

    Really need to preview what I write before hitting send!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everywhere I go, people tell me how good he looks now.
      And no, you don't have to preview, I read typanese...lol

      Delete