Monday, October 1, 2012

BOOOO!!!

Having my waffles right now.  Thot my drain in the kitchen sink was stopped up, and i was running hot water,,thinking it was grease,,,and i took the stopper out, and there was a piece of potato peeling laying over it...lololol.

J said he'd be by in about an hour, so that means 2 or 3.  Maybe he's still feeling better, he was running an errand for his dad.  I've never known a man that can be punctual.

I was so bored yesterday.  I went out to the park, finished the little bit left of my book,  went back out later.  It was like i just couldn't sit in the house.  Don't know why Sundays seem to do me that way, long days, and lonely.  Yeas ago it would be a huge crowd, usually in Mom and Dad's living room, watching football all afternoon.  That was always a fun day.  Family is too scattered now, not anything like it used to be.  I told my bro a couple of days ago, the kids growing up now, will never have the sense of family like we do.  Maybe it's been going away for a long time, tho.

My friend Sue and her hubby are getting a divorce, a very friendly one.  I have to smile,, he comes for supper, puts his paycheck in their account,  they're just living in different places now.  Maybe they're doing it for the financial help she can get, being single.  She's on disability already.

I know these are lots shorter now, but there's just nothing to write about.  Soooo,,,yall tc, and

HAGD

11 comments:

  1. Love your blog, family is not like what it used to be sundays at my grandparents was spent listening to church on the radio..Huge meal with the entire family no skipping out on that, we went to roman catholic church and came home, the meal was almost completed, changed our clothes and many came to dine and listen to Grandpa and Grama talk of their kin..Not these days our only child nearly 4,000 miles away, no husband, kids, only a big cat she adores...We are semi retired, Hubby is fully retired and restless so we go to places we always wanted to visit and visit childhood friends who are retired at the beach, no phones, no screaming tv, we play board games and enjoy their company and fish, clams, oysters, oh, my so fresh..we walk and walk and talk about the days we were young and all dirt poor. The cabin was inherited and gasoline is nearly $5.00 a gallon here in washington state...Halloween is coming up last day of the month, only child is a november baby right after Halloween, happiest birthday party was a halloween birthday party whole class invited, she loved it! All holidays are pretty much gone as far as I am concerned, by hanukkah and christmas we are broke, volunteer for a food pantry, do the cooking and I do buy the food sometimes, everyone here is hungry as hell, no money for anything..so to me a real big holiday would be enough cash to get some hams, turkeys and do the holiday dinners up right, but by nov end of and december I am broke, so we just serve up the food and count our blessings to do so..In the greatest country in all of this world, one would think that it's citizens could get food in order to work many jobs to pay their bills but oh, no only the wealthy can really afford foods and holidays, maybe the presidential candidates can do something about hunger and jobs? just saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still have huge family dinners for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but not every Sunday like before.

      Delete
  2. That drain "problem" was sure an easy fix. It seems everything I try to fix turns into a huge and expensive project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billy Bob was here ya know. As always, one my first blogs to read is yours. What seems like "nuttin" to us the blog writers, means so much to others. Follow'n along with J's surgery and your every day activities is in no way boring. If'n ya ever get to the point where you have nothing at all to write, you could always "cut an' paste".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....sound advice from the guy that don't have nuttin to write about.

      Delete
    2. Sure has been hard to do lately, like you. It has helped me to NOT do one every day. But yours is one of my first to read.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like Sue and her hubby have the perfect marriage - hope it remains a perfect divorce. My ex and I had that kind of relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad was a very punctual person actually both of my parents always were. Perhaps do to my rebelious ways I am not?

    I am an only child and my grandparents lived too far away so we never had big family gatherings. It was just the three of us but we always went out weather permitting on weekends.

    Wish more people had amicable divorces like your friend Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like i told my bosses, yep i'm on time to get here, BUT, i'm leaving on time too,,,lol

      Delete